July 24, 2008

You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer

Nearing the end of July, which means only one thing...another disappointing year of the NCAA Football video game. Yes it's true! After playing last year's version on the Xbox 360, I was pretty disappointed with the improvements in the game, despite the amazing achievements in the design. But, after selling my Xbox so I could get a Wii and dominate at Mario Kart (Yes it's true!), I was forced to buy the Wii's version of the game. Ugh...blah...yuck...fucking shit. Any of those reactions to playing the "All-Play" game fits accordingly. It's awful. Yet I'm still playing it, which shows my moronic and bored nature. The game is truely a step back in time by 5 years. At first everything seems normal. You start dynasty mode, pick a team, then you notice a few minor things missing...namely, half the features provide the usual depth to dynasty mode. But you don't care. Play the game! That will fix everything. So I roll into Notre Dame's stadium hoping to see Touchdown Jesus on the horizon when the camera pans around the stadium introducing the game. INSTEAD, the stadium that is brought up looks like an NFL stadium, like something out of Tampa Bay. All that was missing was Jesus riding a pirate ship screaming "RRRRRR, ye saved yet?" Things get worse as gameplay is dumbed down for the most ignorant gamer to the point where receivers light up green if they are open or red if they're covered. I know, awful right? The only plus I find with the game is the controls. I love using the nunchuck with the control stick to throw, but even those are used on a basic level. Anyways, I was pretty excited about the product when EA said it was going to be different and an advance on the previous versions. What I got instead was NCAA 2002 with NFL stadiums, no online mode and a game with awful value (go to Half.com and buy the game for only $30! I sell every game I own and this is the quickest any game I've bought has lost so much value). So here's to you EA, for royally fucking up my July game and let's hope you can screw me again in August when you kill my love for Madden.

But like I said, I'm still playing it. Just finished season #1 so here's how the 2008 season is going down for you folks who don't like surprises. Florida wins the championship against Oklahoma. Indiana shares the Big 10 title and wins a bowl game (and no I wasn't the Hoosiers). Ball State goes 7-4, but finishes with a 3-4 conference mark. It gets worse for the Cardinals. At the end of my season (as the Irish), I was offered an invitation to join the MAC. My team would replace good ole BSU in 2009. Phil Friend probably just shat himself.

on to the links...

2 minutes...2-ah
With Beatle news at a standstill, here's some links to the latest Pacer news where everyone is introducing our new players. Here's also a place where you can introduce yourself to the newest Pacemates.

You tube...no, you're a tube
Always love the news bloopers...

1 comment:

Tom said...

I think your blog should be completely dedicated to the dance teams of every major sports team. The Pacemates, The Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.....etc al.

I'd really start paying attention then.