April 10, 2009

Link Me

It's Beetles...with an A
Sept. 9, 2009. Mark this day on your calendar, because it is the day that I will be forced to declare bankruptcy. Not only is it the day before my sister's birthday, six days before my wife's birthday, 10 days before my dad's birthday, but it's now the day that I will be forced to drop hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for things related to the Beatles. The Guitar Hero video game is scheduled to release that day, and I, of course, will be purchasing the full band set that includes replica guitars and drums. Now, Apple has announced that the entire Beatle song catelog has finally been remastered on CD and the stereo and mono versions will be released that same day. So after 22 years of listening to the awful quality on 80's cds, we finally get the new songs, but instead of being like every other 60's band in the world, the Beatles are choosing not to release both mono and stereo versions of songs on the same cd. So, now I have to buy two seperate discographies. Obviously, I'm gonna have to start selling plasma again.

My Sox are White
Well, the fantasy baseball season is upon us and I am definitely enjoying my early domination of Err's ESPN baseball league, more commonly known as the "Drunken Chuggers". As of 2:30 p.m on April 10, my team of dynamite bats and throwers are leading my first-round matchup 166-110. But the big matchup of the week is between rival squads from the Err Dizz and Tom Baloney. Unfortunately for Tom, the baseball Commish is dominating like yours truly with a 189-105 lead. I'm going to go bold and predict a big win for the Err Dizz for this first week. I gotta admit that fantasy baseball is really easy. All you have to do is NOT pick the players that die in car wrecks. Anyone? Too soon? Let's move on...

Info for Bo
The 2008-09 Pacers are one loss and/or one Detroit win away from being kicked out of the playoff race...but, the 1993-94 Pacers are about to turn a huge corner, the kind of corner that makes you say, "Damn, that is one helluva corner." After suffering back-to-back losses to the Hornets and Bulls, the Pacers were sitting with a 39-35 record, while fighting for a playoff spot with eight games remaining in the season. But on April 11, 1994, the Pacers came home to play the Celtics, and the 121-108 win would spark one of the greatest runs in Pacer history. The infamous Rik Smits dominated by scoring a game-high 32 points, while Reggie Miller added 22 points and even the Satan-like Derrick McKey 19 points in the win.

Hello, Mr. Radio
I decided to jump back into "Rescue Me" after missing all of Season Four, but since it's taken them a 1 1/2 year to get back on the air, I figured this was a good time to jump back in and, of course, it didn't disappoint. Tommy Gavin continues to relish in his role of portraying an older Tom Maloney, and the easy on-the-eyes ex-wife is still on the show. Also, anytime an older Scott Howard (aka Michael J. Fox) is on a show, that's good enough for me.

Mrs. Thug Mrs.
Here's an easy way to keep updated on the happenings of Idol and who the people think should win the competition. Little fairy Adam is winning by a landslide after last week, with Allison and Matt rounding out the top three. But the big story is Anoop Dog reaching into the top five over yer boi Chris. Bam!

Turn up the Aperture!
This is a Top-10 list that I expect to see you on within the next five years. This goal is very attainable. I mean, really, they're wedding photographers. I'm pretty sure you can handle those guys.

I Me Mine
This segment is dedicated to the other Sean Stevenson's in the world who somehow land in my news alerts/google search. My people continue to rule the world in the sporting world as my man, Sean, is taking Utah Valley baseball to new heights and saltier lakes. It's a young team (they are high school students), with a difficult schedule, but behind home plate is senior Sean Stevenson, so obviously this team is going to surprise some people this year. Now, he just started catching last year, but here's what coach Ryan Hall said about the future Hall-of-Famer.

"Sean is definitely the guy helping his teammates out when someone makes a mistake. He's always there trying to help them get better so they aren't doing the same thing over and over," Hall said.

Just based on that quote, I'm penciling this team in for about 348 wins this season. The Bruins are on the way with a 12-5 record to start the year. Good luck to the Mountain View Bruins! Thank you for bringing celebrity and greatness to our name.

You Tube...no, you're a tube
Batista Bomb! Enjoy.

3 comments:

bo stevenson said...

i personally feel this was a half-ass blog

Tom said...

I personally feel that Janet is very easy on the eyes...and it's never too soon for a good joke.

Phil Friend said...

Are you Facebook friends with the other Sean Stevenson?