December 3, 2008

2 minutes...2-ah

Like you didn't expect this. Well the Pacers are now 2-0 against teams that played in the NBA Finals last season (that'd be Boston and the Lakers for you not in the know). We're not gonna talk about their record against other teams, so let's just focus on last night's win over the Lakers. I'm trying not to think about how awesome a win at Boston would be tonight, so we're not going to talk about this either.

Needless to say, the win was amazing last night. We had tickets to this game, but I have night class on Tuesday evenings so I have to sell all of my Tuesday games. I should have gouged the hell of these tickets. I was so happy that I missed the game of the decade. In the words of the honorable Phil Friend..."False." I finally picked up the radio station on the way back from Bloomington (I don't understand this because I can listen to 1070 all the way down to Bloomington, but on my way back I can't pick it up until I get about 15 minutes from the apt...unbelievable) when the Pacers just tied the game at 84-84. Then the Lakers scored like 79 straight points (actually 17, I think). I was not happy with myself. Bo was not happy with me either. I figured I had caused yet another loss. But no, instead I was the driving force for our biggest comeback in years and the first game-winning basket since _____ (Bo still needs to look this up). I wanted to take all the aclaim and glory, but I guess Murphy, who hit the game-winning tip in, and Granger, who had a game-high 32 points, deserve some credit. It's probably better I wasn't there really. I would've easily dropped more than $200 in the gift shop afterwards and that's not good for anybody.

Oh by the way, this year's Pacers are 7-10. What was the 93-94 Pacers record on Dec. 9, 1993? What an amazing question. They were 7-10 after a 111-105 victory over the Magic. Shaq scored 49 points that game. And Reggie Miller had 32 points and Rik Smits won the game with a tip-in at the buzzer...ok, ok I'm obviously lying about the last part, but seriously this is getting weird.

Enough chitty-chat. Here's the video. Enjoy.

No comments: