March 19, 2009

Nearly the Beginning of the End

Crisis averted!

Excuse me a second while I grasp my breath as I've been holding it since 12:30 p.m. today. The reason? Well, I casually turned on my CBS On Demand video on my laptap in order to keep an eye on the No. 2 ranked Memphis-No. 15 CSU Northridge NCAA men's tournament basketball game. I glanced ocassionally over at the computer to check on the score. Expecting to see a line of "Memphis 45, CSU 10" I was punched repeatidly in the groin/gut by my computer, not literally, of course, but the figurative punch had enough force to make me fall to the ground in a crying fit as I watched my pick for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP begin to fall down in flames in a HUGE (note the caps) first-round upset.

The conversation that would dominate the next three weeks of my life flashed before my eyes.

Stranger: "So, how is your bracket shaping up."
Me: [Bang] "And, you're dead."

Now I was being charged with murder just because some bald dumbass asked me about my bracket, which I screwed up royally by having MY championship team go out in the first round. Would God ever forgive me for killing so recklessly? I really didn't mean to do it. I didn't even know I owned a gun. Maybe he had picked Memphis too and we could have bonded over our lost bracket by downing a few drinks over a few laughs. But, instead, I shot the bastard.

This was the dilemma I was facing at about 2:15 today. Life in jail or on my way to bracket glory. I turned off the CBS On Demand feature. I couldn't take the suspense, especially when the score was being flashed on my TV screen before the action happened on my computer, thus forcing me to experience a Northridge 3-pointer two times in the span of 20 seconds.

When it looked as though my destiny was set to a future of hanging with the "Sisters" in a New England prison for the rest of my life, the sun broke through the clouds and Memphis pulled away. Take that Warden Norton! You'll never get me in Shawshank!! By the time the final buzzer sounded, Memphis made it look easy with a 81-70 victory, thus saving my bracket until at least Saturday.

The beginning of the end will have to wait until another day. My Final Four includes Memphis, Pitt, Louisville and Syracuse. Yeah, put a spork in me cuz I'm done.

Turn up the Aperture!
I'm sure you're already aware of this, but you are apparently on the same page with all amateur photogs about how citizen photography is just as good as professional photography. I can really imagine you agreeing with this as it sounds amazing. Also, I'm thinking about becoming a part-time stock photog. How would you feel about this? As a stock photog, would I be considered better or worse than a citizen photog? I would argue that all photography is stock photography since it is all useless. Again, you can thank me later for causing the beginning of the end of stock photography.

Hello Mr. Radio
Here's a tournament that you can really enjoy...too many pics to choose from so just follow the damn link....enjoy!

Info for Bo
Your 2008-09 Pacers are currently 28-41 and I think it's safe to say that they're not making the playoffs. Of course, Mike Wells, the beat writer for the Indy Star, is not holding back his frustration. I've never read so much anger and hostility towards a team in a "gamer" article. He obviously must hate his job with the passion only equaled by Hitler's affection for pets. But on a lighter note, the 93-94 Pacer squad pulled out a solid 107-103 win against the Jazz on March 19, 1994. The win gave Indiana a 34-29 record, but rough waters were ahead as they lost their next three of four games. But we shall focus on the win. Karl Malone exploded a nut on the Pacers by scoring 37 points, but it was the Pacers' even scoring (Reggie Miller 17 points, Rik Smits 19 points, Sam Mitchell 14 points and the notorious Derrick McKey added 14 points) that led the team to victory. Dale Davis came ready to play as he contributed five fouls, three turnovers and three points. Thank you Dale for nearly causing the beginning of the end of the 93-94 season.

Mrs. Thug Mrs.
Anoop Dog!!

You Tube...no, you're a tube
In honor of my sister-in-law's former college, I present this dunk, which was nearly the beginning of the end of this dude's life. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Err said...

i havent read the whole blog yet, but i wanted to point out that my pick for the NATIONAL CHAMPION is losing by 6 to American in the first half....

I guess that's what i get for being anti-American

bo stevenson said...

i did read your entire blog and found it completely worthless except for the part about u potentially going to jail, the thought of you going to jail entertains me

Err said...

i eventually read the entire blog and i think i'm going to copy and paste it as my own, b/c i went through the same shit with villanova last night

Tom said...

I did my patriotic duty and voted fo some hot bitches!