March 16, 2009

Put Me Down For Morehead State

Oh, the fun it must be to go to Morehead State. And I thought we had it good at Ball State.

But, alas, everywhere I went today (which turned out to be a failed trip to Petsmart that resulted in me being turned away at the counter because I forgot my wallet at home) people kept asking me who I had winning my bracket. Unlike the 200,000 people who had filled out their brackets on ESPN an hour after the selections were announced last night, I decided to hold off making my predictions until after the NCAA tournament had been completed.

But no one will give me a break after my stunning prediction of Tom Brady's season-ending injury, so now everybody wants a piece of me. I have filled out one tentative bracket, which resulted in a Final Four consisting of Louisville, Memphis, Pitt and Syracuse. But that's not gonna work (especially after Pitt and Syracuse dropped the ball on the cheerleading pics). For one, no way Syracuse is making it and for two, there's no way more than one No. 1 seed will be in the Final Four. So there have to be some changes made. But I'm really looking forward to the women's bracket being released when The Ball State University is given the righteous path to its first and only national championship. It's amazing the drastically different paths that the men's and women's teams took after Scheid the Glide and I were beat-off reporters in 2006. The women's team is headed towards hanging a banner in Peyton Stovall Arena, while I effectively destroyed everything and everyone associated with the men's team. Winner = me.

So, hopefully, I can give a better bracket prediction before Thursday so you all can get your brackets situated with my bold predictions. What's that Ringo? You're wondering if I'm so clever, how come my wife beats me down like a Keenan Thompson and Tracey Morgan skit every year? Well, Ringo, maybe you should think about who puts your food out every morning before you ask dumbass questions. I'm this close to calling Bo over to do the "flying Ringo" trick for an hour straight. Then we'll see who asks the questions around here.

The Hibby Hibby Shakes
Well, Young Hakeem has played in two games since our most recent check-up on the future Hall-of-Fame center. Let's see how he did. Both were Pacer losses, as the team struggles through a four-game losing streak. But that's for another section. On Friday, Hibbert played almost 30 minutes, made six shots, scored 15 points and grabbed seven rebounds. Most notably, he had only two fouls. Of course, the Indianapolis "Hey everybody we're dying like a worm inside of a dead mule" Star then featured Hibbert in its Sunday Edition by touting Young Hakeem's offense weapons while demeaning his defensive abilities. Not cool. Of course the Star outdid itself by calling the team the "Pathetic Pacers" in headlines after Sunday's loss to the Raptors. But, I'm for ya Roy. I wouldn't be surprised if you won Defensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year (you can't spell Roy without ROY) this year. You are da man! But anyways, apparently coach Jim O'Brien (who also does the weather for Fox News in the morning and should be having an awesome day tomorrow for St. Patty's Day) decided to listen to the Star and only play Hibbert in junk time minutes after the Raptors had blown us out on Sunday. Needless to say, the road to the lottery is looking clearer and clearer.

Hello Mr. Radio
When in doubt...enjoy.

Info for Bo
So, while the 08-09 Pacers have decided to just vomit on the court instead of playing basketball, the 93-94 Pacers are heating up for the playoffs. On March 16, 1994, the Pacers crushed the Suns 109-98 at Market Square despite Kevin Johnson, Charles Barkley and Cedric Ceballos combining for 63 points. Reggie Miller led the way with 34 points on 13-0f-19 shooting, while Kenny Williams and Rik Smiths (yer boi) added 18 points apiece. Not surprisingly, Derrick McKey did not play. The win improved the Pacers to a 33-29 record.

My Sox are White
I'm assuming you were at fault for this situation.

You tube...no, you're a tube
For all you Notre Dame fans.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Funniest blog in a looooong time.

As for Willis Tower, I'm under taking a movement to call it John McClane Tower. Run with it.

Phil Friend said...

Oddly enough, Andy was the first person I thought of when the Mighty Bird reached the NCAA Tournament after so much heartbreak courtesy of Bowling Green.