September 15, 2009

Link Me

The second wave of Beatlemania appears to be over. At least to the media anyways. I, however, am patiently waiting for the stereo and mono box sets to arrive at my parent's. By patiently, I mean that I'm filled with more anticipation than Helen Keller had when she learned how to communicate that she needed food and water. It's basically a life-giving moment for me.

But enough dramatic ramblings as I'll get to more about the Beatles remastered series when I have them in hand. I actually have been meaning to blog about the break-up of my 2nd-favorite band of all-time -- Oasis.

But hearing that Oasis has broken up is the kind of story about Tom sitting in some gum. You know it didn't happen, but you still have to look and examine the situation just in case there's some truth to the matter. So, I looked, and it appears to be true. Although they seemingly break up every three years before reconciling and rockin' out again on tour, the blow-up between Noel and Liam two weeks ago is getting play that this time it is as legitimate as it ever will be. I hope I can scrounge up some time to write an Oasis tribute blog.

Until then, enjoy the links.

It's Beetles...with an A
This is for the large Catholic following of readers that visit this site. Here's a Catholic dude explaining the remasters in a biblical/historical/heavenly fashion. Are we sure that Heaven isn't a Beatles paradise instead of some cornfield in Iowa?

2 minutes...2-ah
As usual, enjoy more and more Indiana Pacers coverage here, as training camp is only a week away and hopefully I can start dominating with some interesting articles. As for now, I'll just continue to suck by only putting links on there. I'm just too cool.

My Sox Are White
Get out the dust cleaner for this one, it's an oldie. This was on the Onion almost two months ago, but it's new to me so I'm sharing it. It's about Michael Jordan wondering why he wasn't included in NBA Jam. It's a great question. But, even more importantly, why isn't there a new incarnation of NBA Jam released right now? Everyone from our generation played NBA Jam. It was one of the best sports games in history, and it was insanely addicting to play with friends. This seems like a logical step in today's technology. If I had NBA Jam on Wii, I should have to jump from my couch to the TV while on fire to represent my player as "being on fire". This seems too perfect.

Info for Bo
Just remember this when you're coaching all those basketball players this year. One of them will probably try to shoot you during a game after you sit them on the bench. So make sure you're manager is packing heat for protection.

Hello Mr. Radio
Sometimes, the English have good teeth too. Enjoy

The True Whodi Lounge
The Panthers are down after suffering their first loss of the season last weekend. The True Whodi captures the moment nicely in this preview article for their next game. Of course, the Panthers are pretty optimistic despite the loss, but I wouldn't be so sure. They're about to run into the juggernaut that hails from a county named for my North Carolina ancestors, "Swain County". Notice that those same ancestors hail from Viking Warlord known as Swayne Fortbeard. Go ahead and quiver in fear. I would only assume that the school carries on in honor of Mr. Fortbeard by rampaging and pillaging each team that it plays. Quote of the day comes from Franklin coach, Josh Brooks:
"We're not going to shut them down every time they've got the ball. They're going to move the ball on us. We've got to be disciplined enough so that if something goes wrong that we can bounce back on the field as players. The coaches can't call timeout every time they bust a big play. We've got to fix it and keep playing. Bend but don't break. And I think our kids can do that."
Swain County sounds like quite the beast. Prepare for some serious Viking-like tendencies on the field.

Mrs. Thug Mrs.
Well, you say it's your birthday, huh? If the week-long celebration hasn't been enough for you, here's a link and video to help you celebrate as you read this blog. Happy 24th! Here's the link.

You Tube...no, you're a tube.

1 comment:

Phil Friend said...

Way to capture the moment, Andy!