August 26, 2008

[Cough] [Cough] New post [Sneeze]

That's right...I'm sick.

Not deathly ill or anything, so don't go rushing to your nearest cordless phone to bring the whambulance to my apartment or anything. After laying on the couch for the past two days watching movies and drafting fantasy football players, I've finally gained enough strength to stop sneezing and sit in front of a computer to update this blog. Here's what I would like to talk about: the difference between Dayquil and Nyquil. Is it merely a marketing ploy by Vicks to try to sell people, like me, two brands of the same thing making us think one will only work during the day and one will only work during the night? Which came first? Did people really get so drowsy from Nyquil that they couldn't function? Do these pills even work? Thank God there's a wikipedia site to answer a dying man's questions.

Just as I thought, Nyquil came first in 1968 and after people decided they didn't want to be sedated during the day, Dayquil was released to mighty applause in 1972, climbing the flu/cold symptoms charts to #1 for 11 weeks before...wait, read too many rock n' roll books lately. Right now I'm reading the book "Lennon in America", which contains many disturbing facts about John Lennon's later years in life. If you see the book at a book store, just quickly browse through the introduction and you'll see what I'm talking about. Things such as fondling his mother's breast as a teenager play prominantly in this book. Needless to say it's different.

No Pacer news so we'll stick with the Beatles theme:
It's Beetles...with an A
Stu Sutcliffe's art is on display in Liverpool right now, and here's a lengthy article talking about if Sutcliffe had not died at age 21, what his life might be like today. Basically, he should have been one of the best artists of his generation. Here's the original bass player of the Beatles pictured to your right.

Top 5
Watched Field of Dreams and Bull Durham during my illness, so here's my top 5 sports movies of all time. This was actually much tougher than I thought it would be as I had many honorable mentions: Bull Durham, Major League, Teen Wolf (not really a sports movie, otherwise it would be top 5), Varsity Blues and Caddyshack.
5. Rudy
4. Without Limits
3. The Natural
2. Field of Dreams
1. Hoosiers

Mrs. Thug Mrs.
Not sure whether to put this in the wife's category or Tom's, but here's some more stuff about last night's Hills episode where Spencer made the amazing analogy of comparing Spencer & Lauren to Iran and Israel. Brilliant.

Hello, Mr. Radio
Introducing Lilly Robbins, a cheerleader for the Miami Dolphins.

Info for Bo
With Dunkin Donuts about ready to invade near my living area, I'll keep my focus on the positive as our Fall semester professor Tom Crean landed his first recruit for the 2011 season.

You tube...no, you're a tube
In honor of the Big Lebowski's 10-year anni, here's a 2-minute video that featuers all 281 F-words from the movie. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Tom said...

You're dying, eh? Can I have the twin? You know what I'm talking about.

I thought to myself last night while watching, "no he really didn't just do that....did he?" when Spencer Brat compared himself to a little skirmish in the Middle East that's been going on for at least a few years. Needless to say, it was fucking brilliant.

As for Miami, they're in the running to be my new favorite team. Who needs Sexy Rexy when you have Sexy....hell, I don't remember her name, hell I don't care to. She's hot.

Speaking of hott...that pic of LC, as my bro would say, is "FIRE!" But, I gotta give it up to Whit as my personal fav hott on the show. She's bangin'.

But, on a serious note, why aren't you writing for a magazine. Seriously, you don't suck, unlike that joke that stole his title from some fucking Dylan song.

Sean said...

Thank you for your ego-boosting comments fine sir. Your love for the Hills, Miami Dolphin cheerleaders and Whit, leave me wanting you in ways you can't imagine....wait, that shouldn't be in print. Let's just act casual the next time we see one another in person. [thinking of dolphin cheerleaders..thinking of dolphin cheerleaders..thinking of dolphin cheerleaders] ahhh, all better

Tom said...

Did you know that she's 20? Still a student, and looks forward to getting 50% of my possessions after she divorces me?