March 14, 2008

California Sun

So the sun made an appearance in the skies over Indiana yesterday. Bout fuckin time. Winter just drags on way too long in our fine Hoosier state and today it's raining cats and dawgs. But thank you sun for giving us two days of your glory so I could start running again. Cut two minutes off my time in one day which tells you just how much I walked the first day. The Monon Trail had its way with me this week, but I will avenge my pain...oh yes, I will avenge my pain.

As you can tell I have absolutely nothing to talk about today (could be a common theme with this blog). Met up with two former sportswriting buddies yesterday at different times and locations so it was good to relive some of the good (and most awful) bad times from the past two years of my life. Oh the memories of covering the Zionsville Green Little League team and mud bogging at the 4-H fair last summer. This summer, I don't plan on leaving the pool. Actually, I'll probably end up covering LL just for this blog just to scratch my LL itch. Nothing will top the epic battles of Zville and Brownsburg. Nothing!

Boxers...not briefs
So one person I drank with into the wee hours last night had a very cool story in print today. Of course he is the fan favorite and ONLY Bsu blogger, the all-mighty Mr. Phil Friend. It's great to see that Phil and Sean's Excellent Adventures live on in a different form. If I had a nickle for every Boone County resident who has written me about missing PSEA, I would have 2 cents (I had to make change).

Staying with the former employee, employer theme, the Star Press finally put out a Sports Outloud segment that was worthwhile watching. Apparently Tom St. Myer has found his calling putting together these little segments. It's really funny stuff, especially the thumb wrestling match with Monroe Central b-ball player Shane Ruble. Note to TSP..please led St. Myer continue doing these!

Who else added Spitzer's prostitute as their friend on MySpace yesterday? I attempted an add but it was never accepted. She needs to milk this new found celebrity for all its worth. Go on Letterman, write a book, hit the news show circuit. C'mon, don't be another Brian Collins and blow your 15 minutes of fame! USA Today knows what I'm talking about baby.

Two minutes..two-ah
Not much Pacer news as they haven't played since that monster win over the Sonics on Tuesday. Story on Diener basically being the best point guard in the league today. Good to hear. [editor's note: so my photog friend says putting these photos on here isn't entirely legal...you know how I feel about photog's intelligence levels] Anyways, the Diener photo is courtesy of yer mom. Take that copyright laws.

It's Beetles...with an A
American Idol got the old "Beatles Bump" as ratings went higher (how was that even possible?) with the Lennon-McCartney songbook. Caught a little bit of the replay with my new DVR and the She's A Woman performance was really cool. Still wondering where the balls were to try I Am The Walrus or Strawberry Fields? Man up people!

The Word
Little word scrabble of the day for ya. This is on easy level.

Mot si a saabumd

You tube...no you're a tube
Haven't seen one of these brilliant cartoons since college. Love the carnage!


3 comments:

Tom said...

Word scrabble:

You're a dumb ass

Besides, the "word verification" is word scrabble enough.

Sean said...

I'd like to see us keep the name calling to a minimum Mr. Maloney. And you missed the word scrabble making your overall score -1. Way to go.

Joel Philippsen said...

no post today. Apparently you died. sigh...