March 21, 2008

Memory Almost Full

Ran into an interesting site for people who might be on the verge of addiction and obsession of the greatest band on Earth. I am not one of those, as I passed the verge when I joyfully climbed out of the womb crying goog goog ga joob, but it's a site for anyone with a memory tied to anything related to the Beatles. It's some sort of research project that is going to test memory and why it's associated with certain type of situations. Whatever and who cares...the important thing here is that you can document your Beatle memories all in one place! I can smell your excitement!!

I'm a little disappointed at the moment because the two memories I have written so far haven't shown up in the database. I feel I might be discriminated against because I'm such an amazing writer. Based off looking at other people's memories, Beatle fans never learned to write while toking it up and listening to Tomorrow Never Knows backwards. The two memories I put were two of the earliest I have of the Beatles. Listening to Twist and Shout in my dad's office so much that I wore out the grooves of his vintage Tollie 45 single (he must have been thrilled) and of course the song took a life of its own at The Chug in college. Another early memory was imitating the Beatles in the backyard with tennis rackets while miming to the Blue and Red records. I basically dominated the shit out of those tapes.

There's a billion other memories from listening to a song not on the Blue or Red albums for the first time (Rubber Soul, fifth grade, I'm Looking Through You) to watching Paul in concert (twice). Good times all around.

Boxers...not briefs
Apparently there's some NCAA Tournament going on right now and, yeah, I'm dominating. UCLA over Kansas is how it's going to go, write that down. The Drake is my only big mistake so far, had them going to the sweet sixteen. How bout Dell Curry's kid. Old Curry was the shiznit in NBA Live 95. Love the Hornets that year. Curry and Scott Burrell dominated in that game from 3-point land.

If you missed the former president last week, here's your chance to catch him again in the Hoosier state.

It's Beetles...with an A
The Beatles music wasn't kind to poor American Idol contestant from Indiana. She butchered Back in the USSR and the kid that did A Day In The Life in a 1 1/2 minute was atrocious.

You tube...no you're a tube
Jeff Dunham = hilarity...enjoy. Even gonna add another one. Good times.

1 comment:

Joel Philippsen said...

I think you should change the title to your blog to i read the news this week oh boy.... hmmm the irony is sinking in now. you might as well join sportsshooter and get it over with if this persists. sigh