March 31, 2008

The Final "Four" Countdown

Well the photogs are coming out of the woodwork and bashing me for not updating my site so here we go faithful followers. Saw some Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight action this weekend and it was pretty titillating. So I'm sitting here watching the Godfather Part II right now and Michael (Al Pacino) is being told by his wife that she did not have a miscarriage but had an unholy abortion of a baby BOY! Oh shit, Al Pacino is pissed. Much like how I was pissed when Stanford decided to suck a few against Texas leaving me one team shy of completing a foursome in my final four bracket. I did throw the bracket out of the window when rooting for Davidson yesterday. How could you not? Kansas is my runner-up pick with UCLA winning the whole damn thing, but that isn't looking too likely at this point. Memphis is out to kill people and North Carolina is darn goody good. With it being the first time in history that all four No. 1's make the Final Four, I'm glad I chose this year to be the first year I put three No. 1's in my Final Four. Usually I have a rule never to put more than two in the Final Four, but I literally had to convince myself not to put four in there this year. So Memphis became the odd team out and I went with Stanford cuz everyone was so high on Pac-10. I never saw em play and I should have realized that they would suck against Texas. Oh well. Go Bruins indeed.

Two minutes...Two-ah
Besides March Madness, the NBA is just ridiculous right now. Can't wait for the playoffs to being and that's the first time I've said that in four years. Even the Pacers are only a two games out of the playoffs. Amazed? That's just how it goes. Atlanta is pulling away however so I don't see us making it and so helllllllooooo lottery pick. Here's hoping for D.J. Augustine.

More basketball news out of Bloomington. No Tony Bennett for IU and thank God Isiah Thomas is apparently not being asked. I don't know what would make IU think he would be good for the job. He destroys everything he is a part of. Kind of like how I destroy men's basketball programs wherever I go...sorry Ball State, really sorry.

Speaking of the Godfather....Obama apparently has some links to a Godfather of sorts. Could get interesting.

Damn you Jimmy Page.

I lost the battle for another swimsuit model. Have fun Mr. Roddick.

Movie of the Day
Have become in love with HBO's The Wire. It just finished as a series and I picked up Season 1 through Netflix and if you like the Godfather at all then you'll enjoy this series.

You Tube...no, you're a Tube
In honor of the game of HORSE that was recently played by a friend of this blog, here's a video of how it should be played, Pistol Pete style.

This does not look good for Fredo out on the boat...not good at all.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Dammit! I want Brooklyn Decker