March 12, 2008

A Face In The Crowd

Sorry to keep the whole Pacer theme here, but the Thug Mrs. and I attended the Pacer-Sonics game last night since it was College Night and well, hey, we're both still in college! Sweet ass! So we got $45 tickets for $10 and we ended as one two of four people sitting in the balcony at the game. Honestly, could attendance be anymore pitiful? Worst in the league according to the latest reports and man was it dead last night. But, we actually played well (we were playing the Sonics, go figure) and aside from Durant going for 27 points, it was a great game and we ended with the win. The crowd even stayed for the final minutes and was loud throughout the fourth quarter, something I had not seen for two years at the ole Fieldhouse. As for me, the night got off to a less than stellar start as I continued to make an ass out of myself: 1) Confronted the ticket lady about selling me four tickets instead of two, she told me I should "learn to read"...touche...2) Made an ass out of myself at the concession stand as I proceeded to pay for my meal with credit card having forgotten that the 100 times I've attended Conseco Fieldhouse, they do not take credit card. Of course, I had no cash on me so I had to dash to the ATM while our food chilled on the counter..again, ass...3) Then I decided to spill my beer all over our feet when we arrived to our seats. Luckily there was no one within 50 feet of us in the balcony so it didn't matter, but it was the last straw. Oh yeah! And I nearly killed us on the way to the game as I cut two cars off trying to get to the exit that I was missing from two lanes away. You'd think I was a rookie at this thing. Anyways, good to get a win over another team destined for the lottery and bought my first Danny Granger jersey...pretty stoked about that one.

Boxers...not briefs
Lots of things happening in the world today. How bout the whole Spitzerswallows thing? Nuff's been said about it but breaking news says he's resigning...ya think?

...and if this kid can have his political title stripped from him for buying a bag of Skittles, just think what they strip of Spitzer's. No pun intendedn

Why can't people leave old TV stars alone? If they need a toke, let them have one. Cool photo though.

This is why I didn't go into TComm. People are crazy.

No link, but Clapton tickets go on sale here on Friday for his concert at the end of May. Have decided yet if I want to splurge and grab a couple of tickets. Starting to feel like I need to see all these classic rockers while I can. Not saying he'll drop dead soon, I mean, read his autobio and you'll realize he's indestructible. The amount of drugs he took was just about ridiculous.

It's Beetles, with an A
So the big news last night was that those Idol kids were belting out Beatle tunes for the first time ever on the show. Didn't get to witness it myself (read above), but the reviews were unkind to the singers. Where the hell was a version of "I Am The Walrus" or "Strawberry Fields Forever"? Grow some balls people!

Apparently someone jumped the gun on the whole Beatles on iTunes thing.

You tube...no you're a tube
Fan of the Office? Gotta check out this trailer of the show using the trailer of 300...sweetness.

No comments: