October 6, 2008

C'mon Denver, do the damn trade already

I was really, really hoping (read: praying) that by the time I wrote this blog post this afternoon that Jamaal Tinsley would be on the next supersonic jet to Denver to be introduced to Nugget-land folk in that classic powder blue jersey. In turn, I would be ecstatic and full of excitement as I wrote my good riddance letter to him in this blog. But, nothing has happened and now The Boston Globe (what they have to do with this is anyone's guess) is reporting that Denver is hesitant now about the trade because of Tinsley's contract. Damnit! Bird had obviously been withholding that information to Denver execs that Tinsley is owed $21 million over the next three seasons. I only can hope now that they don't notice the fact that he has played more than 52 games in a season only ONCE in the past FIVE years and the fact that he sucks balls. I hope they really miss that fact.

[NOTE: I refuse to have Croshere and Tinsley has my lead photos for two posts in a row. Thus, we're leading with Reggie for the hell of it.]

Also in Pacer news, Indy Star beat reporter Mike Wells has been reporting on training camp as Jim O'Brien is actually allowing press to watch a large portion of practices. That's definitely cool. Tim Buckley should have been all over this at BSU. Instead, they hung up black curtains around the arena so nobody could see all the shit that was happening with the team. Black curtains of Death. Fo sho. I'm gonna bring this up when Buckley steps into my Coaching of Basketball classroom again. Anyways, Sunday's pickup game at Reggie Miller Fieldhouse apparently went well as Roy Hibbert and Marquis Daniels particularly impressed Wells. Croshere is apparently the exact player he was when he was a Pacer (Yeah! Where's the mob at when you need them? I just need one well-place horse head put in Croshere's bed to scare him out of Indy. Just one head, not too much to ask people.).

In a Champagne Supernova...in the sky
The new Oasis cd arrives in stores Tuesday (only $9.99 at BestBuy for all you cheap bastards out there). Here's a recent review by New York Times (fairly positive) and less positive review by RollingStone. Fuck em. Buy it or download it. It'll be worth your time.

I Me Mine
This segment is dedicated to other Sean Stevenson's in the world who somehow land in my news alerts. This dude continues to shop up in my news alerts for his football abilities on the offensive line for a school in Utah. I also played offensive line on my sixth grade football team. Yeah, that's right. An 80-pound, twig-figured, 5-foot boy was on the offensive line. Why? Well, I was slow, dumb and slower. That was the end of my football career. I coulda been a contender. Way to bring celebrity and greatness to our name!

Ma! I can read a photo!
Joel, you've been so awful lately that this dude can't even look at you. That's right, he will now be referred to as "This Dude" in all captions. Put that in your notebook.

My Sox are White
More Cub-bashing? Sure, why not. Guess God decided to ignore these curses and just go with the sweep this year.

Info for Bo
So while I was looking at Tinsley's BasketballReference.com site, I stumbled upon this Pacers fan site that I'd never seen before but it looks like it gets a lot of traffic and good convo.

You Tube...no, you're a tube
Just started reading John Feinstein's A Season on the Brink about IU's 1985-86 season with Bob Knight. First of all, Knight is hilarious to read about. The shit he says in those practices is pure genius and I wish I coulda used it on my junior high cross country teams (I obviously would've been fired immediately, but I'm thinkin it would have been worth it). Anyways, they mention this outtake from a commercial in the book and it's on the tube so enjoy.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Why the fuck did I read this post?

Seriously, no hotts?

You may've just lost a dedicated reader.

Phil Friend said...

Where was Bobsled This!! Also, that skit was probably my favorite SNL was well...say hi to your mother for me, ok?