October 1, 2008

The Great White Dope

"He had the best practice of everybody today." -- Pacer coach Jim O'Brien

The first practices around the NBA began this week and it's safe to say that my faith in the Pacers is dwindling after reading that quote. "But Sean?!? That quote is actually a positive thing!" said Ringo, my cat. 1) A big F-U to anyone who doesn't think my cat and I communicate about our favorite team. 2) that quote is being deceptive to you young Ringo. O'Brien was talking about the one, the only, the Master of the Seven-Year Contract -- Mr. Austin Croshere!!! Yeah!!! I actually thought that he had been tied up, gagged, blind-folded and left to rot in the Golden State locker room. Nope, he's just currently trying out for the Pacers. Same thing.

Well, apparently Croshere has gone from a Dead Man's version of Larry Bird to becoming the next Legend himself. Writers from the IndyStar said that Croshere didn't miss a shot during the opening practice and that Bird was quite impressed. Surprise, surprise. Bird always love Croshere (who has averaged nearly 4 ppg in 10 minutes per contest the past two years) so when I read that Croshere was invited to camp, I knew something was a foot. Croshere said he wouldn't be there if he didn't think the Pacers woul open a roster spot for him, so right away I'm thinking that Bird and O'Brien want the White 44 on the bench next season and have basically guarenteed him that. So that's really exciting.

I don't know. When I finally release my long anticipated epic blog post comparing the 08-09 Pacers to the 93-94 Pacers, you'll see a favorable comparison of Croshere to a quality member on that team. But I'm still skeptical. How bout you Ringo? Damnit, use the litter box!

In a champagne supernova...in the sky
In case you decided to not be like this blogger and not download the one-month premature online release of the new Oasis album, then you can start listening to the album now on MySpace as Oasis is releasing it early on the site.

Disclaimer
This isn't a new section. This is merely a way of saying that with the influx of categories into this blog, I'm running out of time to find and fill a category for each post. So, unfortunately, regrettably and sexually, I'm going to have to leave out a couple of categories each time. Quiet Down!! Now, I'll never leave a category out two times in a row (I can't guarentee this...in fact..ignore this). All I'm sayin is I'll get to what I can. Back off!

Hello, Mr. Radio
Another reason for you to hate the Cubs. Enjoy!

My Sox Are White
See...blame Err Dizz for the disclaimer. As a new member to the blogging community, we welcome his mightiness and his new section. I spent about 3 seconds finding a link for this brand spankin new category and then I saw this. Seemed like something you should be a part of.

Bobsled This!
This was titled "You've got a Friend in Phil" but that was extremely lame and I need any excuse I can get to bring back the award-winning and critically slammed series from the BSU Daily News. I immediately thought of you when I saw this...well you were a close second to some illegal thoughts.

Ma! I can read a photo!
Whoa! Another new category in one blog? Amazing I know and this one goes to the only photog who is a friend of the blog, all others shall perish in flames. Eighter a dumb photo showcasing the ridiculousness of this profession or a photo I actually like will go here to honor our Columbus brethren. This one is Pulitzer worhty.

Mrs. Thug Mrs.
I feel like you'd love to live in Stars Hollow someday, so if someone has the time to make a Wikipedia article for a fictional town, then I'd better share it with you.

Info for Bo
Your new Mr. Kennedy tattoo is selling like hotcakes on the bay. I expect you to buy as many as it will take to cover your entire body.

1 comment:

Joel Philippsen said...

Yes! I love the new section. I will be directing all of my fans to your blog. Expect a big jump in viewers in the following weeks!